Charting Unknown Waters
The promise of telematics is challenged by the realities of the marketplace. When this segment was first launched, it was predicted that subscribers would increase sharply to 11 million by 2004, with a potential to reach 17 million subscribers. But today, the reports are showing that people are discontinuing their telematics service after just one year. Where does that leave carriers? Car companies? And what about car owners? At inCode, we help our customers tackle the tough questions:
What is the future for telematics, and should you be involved?
- Is this market growing or receding?
- What's the real appeal - safety? Entertainment? Convenience?
- What are the features today's car owners really want? And how much are they willing to pay for them?
- Who are the players in the area of telematics? Do they have the financial wherewithal to weather the storm?
- Are the major manufacturers continuing to support and install telematics?
- Where will telematics be in 1 year? 5 years? 10 years?
How inCode's "Tools" Impact Your Challenges
At inCode, we have studied telematics - both the hardware and the business opportunities that exist. This is a "new" industry still in its infancy and evolving rapidly.
We can help evolve your business strategy with our:
- Market forecasting
- Business plan development
- Embedded vs. Portable TCU
- Customer ownership
- Service evolution
- Partnership strategy formulation
- Financial Modeling
- Scenario Analysis & Optimization
Or, from a technology point-of-view, we can advise you in regard to:
- Technology Road-Mapping/Assessment
- System Architecture Definition
- Wireless/Core Network
- Data/SMS & Voice Transmission
- Telematics Control Unit (TCU)
- RFP Development
- Vendor selection
- Wireless carrier contracts
- Minutes Of Use (MOU)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Application integration and System test
- Operations and maintenance
inCode marries our extensive wireless experience with our telematics experience so our clients are at the leading edge, not the side of the road.
Click here to see how we addressed Telematics for one of our clients.